Gay Dating Sites
Welcome to Gay Dating Sites...
We provide information on how to safely use online gay dating sites to minimize the risk to the individual of assault or violence. Gay men face some unique risks when it comes to online dating, and many of the incidents which are occurring go largely unreported in the media. Consequently it is the goal of Gay Dating Sites to inform the LGBT community of those risks and how to minimize them. Before visiting any of the leading online dating sites we list below, you may also wish to check out some of our popular site features:
- Free dating apps for your phone: Looking to meet that perfect guy while you're out on the town? Check out this list of our 25 favorite gay dating mobile apps.
- Comprehensive blog list: check out exactly one hundred totally awesome LGBT marriage, dating and relationship blogs. And just in time for the Supreme Court hearings, we compiled a list of exactly one hundred marriage equality blogs.
- The GayDatingSites.net Scholarship: learn about the innovative scholarship we launched with a leading non-profit.
|Dating Site||User Base||Matching||Deal
|Over 40,000,000 members (straight and gay) looking for one-night hookups.||Find gay men, gay women, couples, or TS/TV/TG looking for a casual hookup within your area.||
|Gay men and women looking for a casual sexual relationship.||Get matched to partners according to how you answer the free sexual compatibility survey.||
|Largest user base of mature gay singles, mostly aged 50 and older.||Find gay men or women near you, filtering by age and ZIP code.||
|Largest user base. Diverse LGBT singles engaged in dating lifestyle.||Find gay singles of a certain age in your area or use the advanced search feature to filter by more criteria.||
|Gay and bisexual men looking for casual dating experiences.||Search for gay men, gay couples, bi couples, or groups by age group and ZIP code.||
|Sister site of Match.com. User base is focused more on establishing long-lasting relationships.||Take the free personality test and get matched to other gay singles who are compatible with you according to Chemistry.com's matching algorithm.||
|Millions of members seeking long-term relationships.||Search by age, location, and type of relationship desired.||
|Over 2 million LGBT members of all ages seeking dates.||Search for gay men and lesbian women by age and location.||
|Tens of thousands of gay men and women of all ages looking for friends and dating relationships.||Find other gay singles by age and location. Webcam chat and community forums also available.||
|Rapidly growing user base, including many Facebook users.||Match with other gay singles either through Zoosk's Facebook app or standalone site. Ability to search by age, height, location, ethnicity, and more.||
More Gay Dating Sites
About the Gay Dating Sites Rankings:
GayDatingSites.net is the only independent and unbiased website devoted exclusively to providing GLBT community with a comprehensive list of all online dating sites for gay singles. When providing gay dating site reviews, GayDatingSites.net’s editors consider a number of factors of particular importance to the GLBT community as well as factors that all individuals interested in online dating should consider. These include: affordability, deals and coupons, security, privacy, and level of active gay membership participation. In addition to offering online gay dating website reviews, we provide GayDatingSites.net‘s users with frequently updated gay dating site deals and coupons.
It is our intention to maintain the most useful resource for gay singles to better understand their options for dating sites. As a result, we regularly review all of the information on this site for accuracy and relevancy. If, however, you find that a gay dating site review needs to be updated, or a coupon or deal is no longer valid, please email us.
Comprehensive List Of Gay Bars in the US
As part of our efforts to provide valuable resources for gay singles, we've received a number of emails asking for a list of predominantly gay or gay friendly bars in a given city. Needless to say, we were surprised that such a resource did not previously exist online, so the staff at Gay Dating Sites has endeavored to create the first comprehensive list of gay bars in the US, sorted by state and city.
We're regularly updating and adding to this resource, so if you know of any bars or clubs we missed, do not hesitate to contact us and we'll add it.
(Click the Links Above to Jump to your State)
With a slew of gay dating sites out there, finding your mister right is a whole lot easier than it used to be. But along with the ease and convenience provided by the internet also comes some issues revolving around safety. So before venturing out into the world of online dating, be sure you take a few minutes and educate yourself on a few simple steps to playing it safe.
Safeguard your privacy.
When filling out your online dating profile or immersing yourself in deep conversation with a guy online, never give out any of your personal information. If he’s a good guy and he’s talking to you for the right reasons, there is no need for him to have your last name, phone number, home address, place of business or any other identifying info.
Take it slow.
As excited as you might be to meet your potential match, be sure that you don’t rush in. There are hundreds of dating sites out there with thousands of people joining every day. With that being said, you never know who it is exactly you are communicating with. Many gay dating sites offer a chat room; this is a great tool in getting to know a guy to see if he is even compatible with you before leaping into a face to face meeting.
Watch for inconsistencies.
While chatting up your potential new man, really watch out and monitor the way in which he corresponds with you. If there are any inconsistencies in his stories or his online behavior, mark that as a red flag—this might not be someone who you want to meet.
Ask for a pic.
You’re already on the look-out for anything suspicious, and if he doesn’t have an online dating profile picture or cannot provide you with one—mark this as another red flag! It is important you that you get a current picture of the person you could eventually meet—if you don’t receive a photo, there should be no date.
Go on a safe first date.
From what you’ve been able to gather so far, you’ve established that your online prospect seems like a legitimate human being and you’re ready to take the next step. It’s time for your first date. Keep in mind the following tips and all should go smoothly:
- Use your own transportation
- Meet in a crowded, public place
- Be observant and remain aware of your surroundings
- Do not exceed more than two alcoholic beverages
- Never leave personal property unattended
- Trust your instincts
- Never feel ashamed or embarrassed by taking safety precautions
You’ve all seen him. The gorgeous man who’s sitting alone, sending all of the wrong signals with his legs crossed, arms folded and a sour look on his face. If you, like many singles, find yourself complaining that you’re never approached when you are out socializing, your bad body language may be to blame. Fellow singles are constantly sizing up their chances of getting a positive response out of you. If it looks like you’re going to shoot him down within seconds, he’ll move on and work his way over to the man who is sending the body language that makes him more attractive. Take notes and make the right moves next time you want to attract attention.
- Lean in. This is one you might do naturally if you’re interested in someone. If the person isn’t taking a hint, lean in a little closer, especially when you don’t have to. If you’re doing the bar scene, most are so loud and you have to do this anyway, so smile and gently lean in to your potential companion when listening to him. If there’s an awkward head bump, that’s OK. It’s little moments like these where people connect and realize that even with awkward moments, there may be something worth exploring.
- Cross your legs towards the person. Crossed legs isn’t an automatic no-no, as long as your body is turned in and your legs are crossed towards the person you’re trying to connect with. Think of it as creating a safe space for you and your companion. Leaning and slanting your body so you’re enveloping the person in your conversation can work, as long as it isn’t overbearing. You never want to invade a person’s space, but if you’re picking up on vibes that say he is interested in you, that should be the green light to cross your legs inwards and create a confident persona that you’re here to get to know the person.
- Smile. Who doesn’t look better when they smile? Put on your best smile when you’re out and about. This creates an inviting look that will make anyone who’s fancying you possibly approach you. You don’t want to go out with a frigid look on your face or that you’re too good to be there. If you go out with the intention of attracting someone or just meeting new people, it helps to smile. If you’re too tired to go out, skip out and wait until you’re in the mood to put your best foot forward and give a warm smile to those around you.
- Lock eyes. If you spot a guy you’re attracted to, don’t be afraid to catch his or her eye and lock eyes with them for a few seconds. Anything beyond four seconds can come off as a bit creepy, so just give the person a glance and lock eyes. Don’t do this over and over again. One or two times should be all it takes for the person to make a connection that you’re interested. Don’t expect this locking of the eyes to garner a date invitation from your potential companion. You still may be the one who has to walk over and strike up a conversation, but at least with the locked eyes move under your belt, the person will know what’s coming.
- Let your hand linger. If you put your hand on someone you’re interested in, let it stay there for an extra second or two. If you put your hand on a guy’s arm or leg, let it sit there for a bit to give him the message that you’re interested and you’re confident, or if a guy is passing in front of you and you help him get through the crowd, let your hand linger on him for an extra second. This won’t come off as invading someone’s personal space unless your hand is in an off-limits spot. The shoulders, arms, upper legs, and the back are all a-OK.
- Stand up straight. If you stand up straight, you look leaner, if you look leaner, you look more attractive. Yes it’s a shallow world we live in, but if you’re looking to attract someone form the get-go, it’s important to carry yourself well. This means watching your posture whether you’re walking across a room or sitting at the bar. Avoid hunching over or hiding your height if you’re tall. There’s nothing more attractive than confidence and walking and siting up straight enhance a confident persona.
- Take the lead. Go take the lead if a guy is sending signals he’s into you. If you’re walking through a crowd, take the lead and hold his hand or shoulder as you make your way through the masses. You don’t have to interlock fingers with your hand holding, simply holding his wrist will show you’re interested and aren’t afraid to take action. Guys love feeling liked and getting a major sign you’re interested before they go in for the kill and ask you out.
- Don’t be afraid to dance. This one’s not for everybody, but if you’re the first to get up and dance, it shows you’re confident and always ready to have fun. This is important in making yourself well-liked and attractive to potential dates. If you’re out and music is playing and someone else starts dancing, if you're one of the first to join in, it shows you have a carefree attitude. This is attractive to most people, even if they aren’t the type who love the spotlight.
So smile, walk tall and don’t be afraid to get your groove on when you’re out looking for a companion. If someone has their eye on you, doing a few of these things will make your attractive quotient go through the roof. There’s nothing wrong with playing coy from time to time, but if you’re in a crowded place or attempting to court someone who needs a push, these tips will help you hold up a proverbial sign that you’re ready for a date.
Dating online is the norm for many gay people. It is widely accepted in the gay community to meet folks online, whether you’re looking for a friend or a long term relationship. The key to attracting matches is to make your profile stand out in the sea of online dating hopefuls. You should never lie in your profile, but you definitely want to spice it up so you stand out and give people the green light to move forward and contact you.
1. Keep it Light, This Isn’t Time To Spill Your Guts
There’s nothing that says you have to put everything out there from the get-go. It’s enough to include your interests and what type of relationships you’re after. Beyond this, you can wander into strange territory, so do your best to keep it light in your profile. You don’t want to be too forward, but you should put it out there as far as what you’re looking for.
2. Be Honest & Clear About What You Want
Designate whether you’re looking for a quick hookup, a friendship or a long term relationship. Most gay people want this to be up front since they’re accustomed to dating online. It’s important to include what you’re looking for and your age in your profile. These things are integral for the online dating experience in the gay community. You should refrain from getting too personal and when it comes to your age, never lie. Who knows when you will find a connection. You don’t want to lie about your age and end up meeting the love of your life, so be honest in all aspects of your profile.
3. You Aren’t That Funny… So Stop it.
Refrain from trying to be the class clown. We get it. You want to add a little personality to your online dating profile. You don’t want to do this by being sarcastic or displaying your self-deprecating humor. As attractive as this is for comedians (it isn’t), it seldom translates online. You’ll only end up being viewed as negative or a Debbie Downer, and who wants to go on a date with someone like that? Instead, be genuine with on your online dating profile. There’s no reason to be cheesy, but it doesn’t hurt to be authentic in your profile. Talk about your interests and the type of relationship you’re after by participating on the site.
Bonus: 4. Know Your Geographic Limits, And Stick To Them
It’s also important to say how far you’re willing to travel for meeting someone. If you’re in the suburbs, you may not want to trek it into the city to meet someone if that’s where they live. If the purpose of being on the gay dating site is to find a long term relationship, you may be a bit more lenient. If you’re looking for a quick hookup, you probably don’t want to drive to the other side of town and battle traffic just to find out if you have chemistry with a stranger. Saying how far you’re willing to go is a basic essential of the gay dating profile, so be honest with yourself about where you want to go to make a match.