The top five gay dating sites have many things in common. They allow users to be totally anonymous to protect their safety. For gay men, the world of online dating is a fairly regular venture. Many gay men interact on gay dating sites before meeting in real life. Beyond dating, these sites are often a great place to meet friends with similar interests. While all gay dating sites promote the idea of finding a love match, many are geared towards being a social networking site where you can find singles in your area. These singles may be looking for love, but they also may be looking for a workout buddy or someone to check out the latest club.
Without further ado, here are the sites that we consider to be the top 5 best gay dating sites on the Internet today:
- Match.com: Not just for gays, Match.com is usually regarded as the most popular matchmaking site on the Web, with millions of active members, including over one million gay men and women.
- Zoosk: While not exclusively a gay dating site, Zoosk is unique in that it integrates with other social networks. It has a very popular Facebook app that is used by over 5 million people.
- Chemistry.com: Another site that is not exclusively gay, but has a very large user base, Chemistry.com features a popular free personality test that matches you with other singles, whether gay or straight — you decide.
- OutPersonals: An exclusively gay site, OutPersonals boasts over 1.2 million gay members, and signing up is free.
- Gay.com: Gay.com caters exclusively to the LGBT community, and includes a lifestyle blog, chat, and personals section.